Yeeeeeeeey I’m finally answering THE question. You wanna know how I style my hair and how I make the waves last for days? ♥
So first of all, I do not use any styling products to achieve my every day look. You will only need the following tools:
A blow dryer, 2 medium sized round brushes, 2 small sized round brushes and 1 big hair clip. And make sure your blow dryer has a Concentrator nozzle!!
- After washing your hair let it air dry for about 20 minutes.
- You will need to section your hair from the bottom to the top. Start off with the lowest section, gather the rest of your hair on top of your head and secure it with a clip or a hair tie. Section the lowest layer into 4 parts.Use the 2 medium sized round brushes in the middle and the 2 smaller ones on the right and the left side. This way the curls will be more precise in the front and looser in the back.
- Then start blow drying your hair by running the round brush from the root towards the end of a hair section. But don’t go all the way to the end – try to leave it kind of damp. Point the nozzle downward to make sure your hair will be shiny and smooth! I always use high air speed and medium heat. And don’t try to create a curl yet – it’s a waste of time. Focus on brushing and drying your hair.
- As soon as you feel like that hair strand is 90% dry switch to high heat and start wrapping the end of the hair section around the brush and roll it aaaaall the way up to the roots. Just let it sit there while you’re doing the exact same thing with the 3 remaining sections.
- Your very first section (or brush) should have cooled down by the time you worked on the 3 other ones. Gently remove the brush and twist your hair with a finger to define the curl.
- Create a second layer right above the lowest one and repeat steps 2 – 6 with each hair section.
This was basically the blow drying routine ♥ In my case those curls will last for about 30-60 minutes which is nooooot what we want. The main clue is this hairdo. And yes, it looks super sexy.
So I wear this “banana” after the blow drying routine, at home, at night, in the car and anywhere else (only if I don’t mind looking like a grandma though). Once you get the hang out of it it’s super easy and quick to do. But what makes this hair style so amazing is the effect. Since your hair will be twisted for quite a long time (for example 6-8 hours at night) it will keep its curly shape. After removing the hair clip you just need to define the individual strands by twisting them with a finger. In my case the curls will last for at least 3 to 4 days. Then it’s time to wash my hair anywayyys.
How to make a Banana Updo:
- Gather your hair to a ponytail in the neck
- Grab the ponytail with your left hand and twist it around your index finger
- Keep on twisting your hair with your index finger while pulling your hair upwards
- Twist the ponytail until the ends are inside the banana as well.
- Secure the finished banana on top of your head with a big hair clip.
Let me know what you think! And post some pictures in Instagram & tag me if you tried it yourself!