Most of the time I’m talking about gaining weight and muscles. But lots of you want to LOSE WEIGHT too and to be honest, this is not my special field, but I talked to a lot of people and collected some awesome tips for you, that make the process of losing weight easier!!
1. TAKE PICTURES: Take pictures of eveeeeerything you eat and look at your „Whole Day Of Eating“ at night in bed. Why? First of all, often we eat without thinking and we’re not paying attention what kind of food we’re putting into our bodies. If you take pictures of your food it will make you think before eating. And if you look back at it at the end of the day you will have a good overview and you can compare your good & bad days!
2. DO 5-MINUTE WORKOUTS: Add a couple of 5 minute activities throughout the day. Do 5 minutes of jumping jacks in the TV commercial break or do 5 minutes of squats whenever you’re brushing your teeth.
3. SWEET ADDICTION: Just can’t go without that piece of chocolate or that glass of coke every night? Save up the calories during the day and enjoy those things. Snack less during the day or at least eat super low calorie snacks (carrots, cucumbers, hummus, apples, …) & look forward to your piece of chocolate in the evening!
4. EAT BREAKFAST: Almost every person that lost a lot of weight told me that they now start every morning with breakfast (and so do I!). It’s so wrong to think that you „saved“ calories that day if you skip breakfast. You will have cravings throughout the whole day and feel less energized. Start eating 300-400kcal each morning. An omelette with ham and veggies, a wholegrain toast with natural peanut butter, a yogurt with some muesli. Just something that you like! But never. skip. breakfast.
5. BRUSH YOUR TEETH: Brush them after each meal. If you have that clean, minty taste in your mouth you won’t want to ruin it right away - true? Your brain will think that mealtime is over and you will not snack so much in between your meals.
6. BUY SMALL PLATES: We always want to make our plates look full - I know that feeling. And generally you’re done with your meal as soon as your plate is empty - right? Studies have shown that you will lose weight if you start to eat from small plates. Makes sense to me.
7. AT THE RESTAURANT: Don’t be afraid to ask for changes!! I often ask them to „bring the dressing on the side“ (because salad doesn't need to be drowning in dressing), to „swap the fries with a baked potato“ or to „add some chicken on top“. Waiters are there to make you happy, so JUST ASK and make your meal healthier.
8. LIGHT SWEET CANDLES: Somebody told me that smelling a vanilla or caramel candle will make you eat less sweets because you’re smelling it the whole time. 'Cause do you know that feeling of having enough of sweet things because you ate too many of them? I can imagine this works just the same way!!
9. PREPARE 80% YOURSELF: Prepare at least 80% of the food you eat yourself. Even I - and I usually don’t have problems with access fat - lose my form and will look more „flabby“ if I eat at restaurants more that 3 times a week. I always make healthy choices in restaurants and I have no clue what they put in the food that makes me look that way - but it’s a fact. I also tend to feel bloated so often if I ate at a restaurant. You will FEEL and LOOK better if you prepare and cook more meals yourself. Try it and tell me if I’m right!
10. OPEN YOUR WINDOW AT NIGHT: A chillier, colder room improves your metabolism and forces your body to heat itself up for hours. And you will burn calories if you need to keep yourself warm. I’m not saying you should freeze the whole night but even I like to sleep with fresh air, no matter if it’s a little chilly outside. Under my blanket it will be warm and coooozy.
11. STOP EATING AT NIGHT: I know a lot of people who start getting cravings at night and start eating a whole bag of chips or other kinds of junk food. If you're one of those persons, try this rule: Don’t be so strict during the day, enjoy your life and food & set up the rule to not eat after 7pm. This will make you lose weight - no doubt!!
12. PURGE YOUR FRIDGE: Throw away the chips, throw away the ice cream and the softdrinks. If you don’t have those things at home you can’t eat them. And going to the grocery shop to buy them will probably be waaaay too hard whenever you have cravings haha.
13. YOU DON'T HAVE TO FINISH YOUR PLATE: Some people think it’s rude (depends on your culture of course) but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to do. If you feel full - you are full. Rather keep your food and eat it later than forcing yourself to eat everything up. You will actually gain weight without even enjoying the food. If you’re in a restaurant simply ask the waiter to wrap up the rest of your food to take it home. They will do so! I promise.
14. BUY NEW GYM CLOTHES: Ahhhhh SHOPPPPINNGGG. Whenever I buy new clothes I of course want to wear it. I can’t just buy something, put it in my closet and not look at it again. I’m always super excited about new stuff - and if you buy workout clothing and will WANT go to the gym in order to show off your new, sexy leggings - right? So buy new clothes, feel good and workout!
15. AAAAND ONCE YOU LOST WEIGHT: Give away every piece of clothing that got too big. This will probably keep you from gaining weight again because you will not like the idea of spending so much money to buy an entire new closet.
BUT feel like you can’t stick to all of the rules? Don't worry. Your diet shouldn't be too hard. Start with switching up 1 or 2 of your habits and follow a couple of those rules instead. Try to keep them up for at least 30 days and then start adding new ones! It's a long process but it's worth it ♥︎
Do you have some other simple life hacks that make it easier to lose weight? Would love to hear them!! xx